- We have over three decades of experience in the industry.
- We can help you with the design, costing, and construction of your kitchen remodeling project.
- We have excellent customer service and will answer any questions you may have about the remodel.
- We are committed to customer satisfaction.
- We have professional remodeling contractors on our team.
- We are committed to delivering quality results within a reasonable amount of time.
- We are partnered with multiple finance companies that have exclusive financing options for our clients.
Give us a call today if you need a kitchen remodeling contractor in Iowa. Home Town Restyling serves the Eastern Iowa communities, including those within the 40-mile radius of Cedar Rapids, IA and Iowa City, IA.
Here are some ways you can spruce up any kitchen:
- Fixtures and styles for open floor plan and traditional kitchens
- Furniture styled cabinetry
- Open shelving and glass front cabinets
- Self-closing cabinet drawers and soft closing doors
- Counter tops and tile back splashes
- Innovative storage and organization options
- Dual work areas and study areas
- Overhead, recessed and under-counter lighting
It’s important to consider your investment parameters when budgeting for a kitchen remodel. Factor in your current financial situation, home value, and how long you plan to live in your home. We typically have 3 different tiers of kitchen remodels at Home Town Restyling. The average kitchen has approx. 14-18 cabinets, so we use this to give budget ranges. Which category best fits your project?
Starting off is a Kitchen Replace, which is keeping the same footprint of your existing kitchen, while replacing all of your existing cabinets, counter tops, sink, faucet, backsplash and lighting. A kitchen replace typically starts at $35,000 and goes up from there depending on the scope of the job and selections.
Kitchen Remodel – Minor
The next level would be a Minor Remodel which is keeping a similar footprint to what you currently while removing a soffit or moving appliances. Or perhaps adding cabinets or adding an island. This typically starts at $45,000 and goes up from there depending on the scope of the job and selections.
Kitchen Remodel – Major
The top tier would be a Major Remodel which would include taking out walls, combining rooms together, opening up into a dining room or living room, and/or completely changing the layout of the kitchen. A major remodel will typically start at $55,000 and go up from there depending on the scope of the job and selections.
We are proud to be a Starmark Cabinetry dealer. Please visit their website to look at their quality cabinetry and the many different styles and colors available. Then, visit our showroom to look at many different displays with dozens of storage and functionality options to choose from.
We want you to be able to find your dream cabinet for your kitchen remodel.Learn More
Some homeowners want to know just two things about cabinetry.
- StarMark Cabinetry uses only quality hardwoods to build doors, cabinet boxes, drawers and roll trays.
- The side panels are 3/4″ thick hardwood plywood, which is more than strong enough to support granite countertops.
Some homeowners want all the details.
We love to talk about cabinetry! This website contains all of our construction information and is found here in the Cabinetry Comparison Workbook.
Keep calm and carry on.
When you remodel, you’re investing a lot of time, energy and resources into creating a beautiful and functional room-and the end result is definitely worth it. But…bathroom and kitchen remodeling is stressful. After all, you are living in a construction zone. It is possible, however, to survive the sheet rock and sawdust.
Before any kitchen remodeling work begins, hold a pre-construction meeting with your contractor. This way, you can ask specific questions, and your contractor can explain exactly what will be done, when it will be done and how long each task will take.
After the remodeling starts, keep your contactor’s phone number handy, and be sure to keep the lines of communication open. Expect to set aside time for telephone calls and regular meetings with your contractor throughout the kitchen remodeling process to review the progress and discuss the schedule for the remaining work. This will enhance your understanding of the project, provide an opportunity to exchange ideas and ultimately help make the experience a positive one for everyone involved.Learn More
There are so many good reasons to manufacture cabinets in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
- StarMark Cabinetry is made in Sioux Falls with domestic and global components.
- Sioux Falls is near the center of the nation, so most destinations are close, relatively speaking. We deliver cabinetry to Maine just as easily as we deliver to California.
- Our central location also makes it convenient to receive the quality raw materials we source from American vendors.
- Midwesterners are just plain nice. Employees in the Customer Service department answer the phones.
- Once in a great while, we can’t get to the phone in time, so you’ll get voice mail. And we return your phone call! People tell us they are shocked at our courteous promptness.
- Midwesterners have a legendary work ethic.
- Our employees are actively and passionately engaged in our Continuous Improvement (CI) process.
- We have several CI teams from several different departments who watch over every aspect of cabinet production, from order processing through delivery.
Elbow grease. Artistic outlooks. Invested in the results.
You’ll find more than a few power tools in our plant. Still, the most important tools are the hands and eyes of our employees.
- We assemble doors by hand.
- It’s the best way to insure that mitered doors have tight joints.
- It’s the best way to insure that the decorative trim on an applied moulding door is aligned smartly.
- We sand doors by hand. Hand sanding is the only way to correctly prepare a door to receive the color you requested.
- We glaze cabinetry by hand.
- First, we stain the wood, then we apply the glaze by hand and then wipe it off by hand.
- When our craftsman wipes off the glaze, he or she can best use the glaze to define the details in your kitchen.
- We distress cabinetry by hand.
- Balancing knife marks, worm holes, rasping and other characteristics throughout an entire room of cabinetry requires thoughtful, artistic judgment. We haven’t met a machine yet that has that ability.
- Every component that goes into your cabinet is handled by a human. Each employee can reject a component if it’s not good enough.
More information about our cabinet construction is in a convenient workbook called Cabinetry Comparison Workbook.
More information about our cabinet finishing process is in a convenient flier called Strong at the Finish.Learn More