Is it time to replace your doors?
Signs it may be time for new doors:
- Difficulty opening and closing exterior doors due to threshold problems.
- Loose hinges and fasteners that start to wear on the integrity of the frame.
- Home “settling” that causes door jambs, wall plates, and floors to become misaligned.
- Poor insulation in and around the door slab and door frame.
- Damage caused by normal wear and tear or accident.
- Broken tracks that make your sliding doors function poorly.
Reasons to get a replacement door
- To secure your home – Exterior doors secure your home. They keep trespassers, outdoor debris, and even unwanted noise out of your home. If your current door is made of a thin and weak material, it won’t be able to block these elements. You need good, sturdy fixtures, like custom doors, to properly prevent them from entering your home.
- To improve your home’s energy efficiency – A secure custom door can help you maintain your home’s internal environment. This will prevent your HVAC system from working harder to keep the indoor space at your desired temperature and improve its energy efficiency. You’ll be able to save money on your power bills.
- To reduce maintenance costs – Installing a high-quality door will help you reduce maintenance costs. Your door won’t end up warping easily if it’s made of robust material like steel, and you won’t have to keep having it repaired.